Monday, May 26, 2014

Strange Weird and Wonderful


My mind is swirling with all kinds of ideas for today's blog. I apologize in advance if my thoughts seem scattered as it has been months since my last blog and my brain is overflowing with dialogue.
I generally blog on whatever subject the Holy Spirit has been dealing with me on, because it usually resonates with others; God has a tendency of doing that I think-making Himself known to many, using the same set of circumstances or maybe a common verse or phrase to convey His heart for the present. Lately the word in my own heart and head, that I feel He is trying to communicate is "supernatural".

I don't mean in the paranormal, ghostlike sense, which everything seems to revolve around these days; from books, to movies, and even the resurgence of Ouija boards and the like. I mean supernatural" in its truest definition, "unnatural"; something that cannot be achieved in the natural. Ever had an experience like that? I have had many. Yes, some of them could have been dismissed with natural explanations but several that could only have been the supernatural actions of God, or at least His messenger. I won't go into them here, but feel free to ask me later.

I recently read several well written articles and one not so well written, (I didn't agree with the writers' intent of the article) all discussing walking in the supernatural. Most of them concur that the believer who seeks to accept the atypical as normal for God, to witness signs, miracles, and wonders that the Bible speaks of, needs to learn from the scriptures, not from some self appointed prophet of the bizarre; of which there are plenty out there! I think I went to church with some of them!
Now keep in mind here I AM NOT talking about ministering in the supernatural. That requires an entirely different kind of faith. And most laity and even a lot of clergy don't have the capabilities of doing this. Remember the disciples who went out but were unable to perform miracles because they didn't possess true faith. I dare say we in America have so relinquished the true depth of our faith to an enemy whose greatest feat was to convince us all that he doesn't exist or that he doesn't possess the power to make believers live in deficiency . Both are false. He does exist, and he spends his time convincing Christians we aren't entitled to the blessings of God. (Ladies, remember my past blog describing how we have forfeited our homes, marriages, and children through laziness and indifference? There ya go!)

What I am speaking of is a daily walk in the supernatural realm of Heaven. Understand that Heaven is not this skyward place beyond the clouds that is so far away. God does not place Himself out of our reach, which would be futile. He knows we need to feel contact with Him...to know His presence and to know what it means to have Him beside us; just as a friend stands beside you, comforting you, allowing you to vent, or to weep, or even to lash out in anger and the seemingly injustice of it all. How could we relate to a God who is far above the sky just looking down upon us? He would only have a bird's eye view of our lives, and not really be part of our everyday like He says He is, right? And either you believe what He says totally or you don't believe at all. There is a huge difference between believing IN GOD and BELIEIVING GOD. I believe God. Period.

Did you ever see the movie "A Beautiful Mind" starring Russell Crowe? When you realize at the end of the movie that while he is now functioning as a "normal" person would, that he can still see and converse with the personalities in his mind; they are walking right beside him...Heaven is like that. We walk beside Heaven every moment of our lives. It's not this place we raise our eyes to, but another dimension beside us, where God has the ability to reach out and touch us or the circumstances in our lives; He is not a distant god, but an ever present one. How awesome is that!!!

So if that is true, and I believe it is, then how easy is it for the supernatural to cross over into our natural from time to time? All throughout the Bible, Old and New Testament, we see God doing that very thing. 1 Corinthians 1:7 makes it perfectly clear that the supernatural has not disappeared; "Therefore you do not lack any spiritual gifts as you eagerly wait for our Lord Jesus Christ to return". I translate spiritual gifts to mean supernatural, don't you? And I don't think I've missed Him, so I have to believe the supernatural is both prevalent and relevant in our daily lives, but maybe we are just too busy to notice. The Bible also says we "entertain angels all the time without recognizing it". How many have we encountered but failed to realize because we dismiss the supernatural? God's a big God...He spoke through a donkey....a burning bush....and a hand writing on a wall....do you think He isn't big enough to cross that invisible thresh hold from time to time to reach over and let us feel the tangible presence of Heaven? I know He is; do you?

I'm gone.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

True words..beautiful!