Thursday, July 26, 2012

God's Just Cool Like That!

Fire In My Bones- Post by Liz Ketcher Catlin God's Just Cool Like That! (original posting 1/24/11 on Serendipity blog) So I had lunch today with an old friend and her husband. I say old because we were friends a long time ago not because either of us are remotely aging in any sense of that word! Anyway, I hadn't seen her in many year, and life has a way of causing time to go by way too fast; but it's funny how there are some people that your soul just connects with even at a young age, that rekindles itself instantaneously when we meet them again. That's how it was with this particular friend. I remember her as a young girl who was constantly smiling and making people laugh; who seemed to love life and with an ease shared that love with others. The woman sitting across from me today would not have believed that as we talked about life issues and how difficult they can be, I still only saw the happy smiling young girl that I went to school with. Her resilience is remarkable. Yes, life has left us both with scars, some visible, some not so much, but the same spirit she exhibited way back then was evident even today. The spirit that made all of us just want to be around her; want to be her friend. I just love it when God sets up what I refer to (as do many) as "Divine Appointments". When He allows us to have those times where we meet up with some one, known, unknown, or getting to know again...and we get to have moments where the dialogue is so "God -Themed" that you both leave knowing that there was much more going on than just re-establishing a friendship. That's what I felt happened at lunch. For myself, I walked away knowing that God was in the midst of that conversation, and that all of us will be better for it. Once more God has proven to me just how stinkin' awesome He is!

No comments: