Monday, January 31, 2011

Lamentations 3:21

"God's grace and mercies are new each day." Have you ever stopped to think what that really means for us? I know I haven't; not until just now. It's just a verse that I know,that I quote often, but I don't really live most of my life like I believe it. I mean...if I really believed His grace and mercy for me renews itself daily wouldn't I be more appreciative of every sunrise? Of every morning I wake up to a new day regardless of what I already know it may hold?

I think I would be so overwhelming happy that all my failures and frailties from the day before have been washed away, giving me new opportunities to serve God, to share His love and compassion more thoroughly with those I come into contact with BECAUSE I was shown love and compassion.

Now I am reminded of the parable that speaks of the man who was demanded by the king to repay a great amount of money; money he didn't have for repayment. But the king showed him mercy and sent the man on his way. Soon that same man came upon someone who owed him far less than he himself had owed the king, and demanded he be paid back! There was no mercy or compassion to be given. Are we like that (am I like that God?) Do I (we) so take for granted that your grace and mercy for me is renewed each day but I myself refuse to renew that same grace for others?

Help me Lord to not only rejoice in YOUR grace and mercy to to extend the same to those around me on a daily basis, that I may become more like you.

No comments: