Friday, October 4, 2013

Life is Crazy Sometimes...

Hello! I know it has been so very long since my last blog, last April as a matter of fact, and many of you have inquired as to when I would resume. I would love to tell you that I will be posting everyday since my heart and head truly does seem to be filled to overflowing with things God has done, is doing, and is promising me! But alas, I know myself, and self has the tendency to get bogged down in the day to day trials and tribulations of this life. Sigh. What's ironic is that while I get so distracted by life's mundane details, I am missing out on all of the many things God is doing on a daily, even moment by moment basis, and sadder yet is that I don't take the time to share all that He is doing with all of you; for that I am so sorry and I will try harder to minimize my trivial activities (for in the scheme of things eternal that's exactly what they are-trivial) and spend more time sharing the goodness of God here. Since my last posting, we have moved away from all that we knew, to a small town in Central Texas called Burnet. In all honesty, there are days I know it was God, and days I don't. I believe there is God's perfect will for our lives and then God's permissive will...I'm not sure yet which this move is. But what I do know is, according to His word "my steps are ordered" and I am trusting Him, minute by minute these days, as it seems so much is unknown; out of my control (is it really ever in our control??) and sometimes scary-BUT GOD!!!I will say however, that one thing this move has accomplished is that the fear I have lived with all of my life...fear of many things, that has paralyzed me at times, has been removed! For whatever reason, after seemingly 50 years of praying for deliverance of irrational fears (and sometimes rational:)suddenly, with this move, God has seen to it that I am no longer afraid of things that used to terrify me. He has dropped me in a place where I feel safe, protected, even looked after....in a way that I haven't felt since I was a little girl. As I type this I am moved to tears as I am recognizing the monumental peace there is in that and a bit of confusion in that I don't understand why this season, this environment, could cause such a release of a lifetime of enslavement that I have struggled. Maybe it's because for the first time in my life, I realize I have no control over the situation I find myself in, and in that I have fully opened myself up to knowing that God either has this; this being everything in my life; or He doesn't and then I'm screwed. But I know that I know, He does have this and all it encompasses. Lots swirling around in my brain right now, lol. While the country is running amuck in chaos, as all who don't have the peace of God tend to do, for once I am able to lay my head down at night without fear and sleep in the peace of God's promises. My scripture verse I have been standing on, and I mean STANDING ON! for the last 4 months or so has been Luke 1:45 "She is blessed who believes God's promises for her". I know what God has promised me...and I know that no matter what this life looks like now, or even until I pass from this world, THIS is all temporary. Heaven is forever!!! No matter what this life has for me, it can only go as long as God allows it. Period. That truth has been a huge part of my peace. Lots going on....I'll keep you posted (I promise :)
I'm gone!

No comments: